Anthony and Geoff have just updated their CCTV training.
The recognised SIA qualification covers the following principles
- Awareness and overview of closed circuit television Codes of Practice and procedures.
- British and European Standards Communications.
- Safety of the control room.
- Access control Surveillance and audit trail procedures Documentation of control room manuals Incidents and occurrences. Log book entries.
- Vital documentation Report writing and descriptions.
- Reacting to emergencies Teamwork – safety of operators and their families Tape and data management – best practice Law and legal issues.
- Criminal offences.
- Data Protection Act 1998 Confidentiality, accountability and privacy Evidence and the Law in relation to video recordings Statement writing.
- Communication skills.
- Telephone techniques Bombs and dangerous materials Health and Safety, Fire and Emergency